Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- RT @CatherineWoulfe: "I have lost hope that hearing women’s stories will ever make even one man realize that what seemed like an ordinary n… 19 hours ago
- RT @modernletters: ‘A compelling, brilliantly original novel about life in the era of surveillance capitalism, when society prefers not to… 2 days ago
- RT @VUPBooks: We are delighted to announce this brilliant new novel by @PipAdam - being published in June. Cover art by Russell Kleyn. http… 2 days ago
- Pip's new novel kind of still has me speechless. She is too good to us twitter.com/FergusVUP/stat… 2 days ago
- I have a gym etiquette q. Someone was taking loudly for ages on the phone at the gym. Then they started doing lunge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago