Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- RT @pantographpunch: Prizes, lectures, festivals, pudding: Sarah Jane Barnett counts down the top ten moments in Aotearoa literature 2017.… 10 hours ago
- RT @katewillett: Here's my perspective on the difference between sexual harassment and flirting. https://t.co/LMq0HaTdJ4 1 day ago
- RT @JerkVening: It's cool to see people talking about short fiction, a form hitherto only used be me to produce stories about men and women… 1 day ago
- Look at this indignant bird. ‘Fine. I’ll admit it. It was me all along’ https://t.co/iD1863gkNH 1 day ago
- A man yelled ‘You’re very welcome, bitch!’ when I cycled past his van while he was waiting to pull out onto the roa… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago