Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- RT @gregorykannn: a literary canon is a generally conservative entity (which isn't good or bad). but it should never be sacred or untouchab… 3 hours ago
- RT @MaramaDavidson: Centering the story of extraordinary poet Jacqui Sturm. A must read, written by her beloved mokopuna @tautokai. https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @pacificraft: The Friday Poem: 'Toads' by Fleur Adcock thespinoff.co.nz/books/15-02-20… 1 day ago
- "We fail our elderly friends and family when we treat them like they’re homogenous, or, worse, like they’re vessels… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @HMittelmark: Head-canceling noisephones. 4 days ago