Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- We have entered that time of the year where the best-of lists are hemming us in like menacing clouds in a valley twitter.com/TheSpinoffTV/s… 29 minutes ago
- RT @briangdillon: "It’s as if the essay is alive in a way that other forms are not; as if it possesses human traits and bodily characterist… 1 day ago
- RT @lqpharriet: my friends: here they are. the best dog photos of 2018. thank you all so much for participating. this has undoubtedly been… 2 days ago
- RT @RachelMcKibbens: My girl wrote this when she was 6-years old. I keep it as a reminder to be brave on the page. 😂 https://t.co/2lHMOAwGhZ 3 days ago
- RT @mlle_elle: Cheers to this uproxx.com/entertainment/… 3 days ago