Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- A thing I wish I could shake is, when I am cleaning I imagine that I'm on one of those hidden cam shows that were b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- I wrote about writing a book (paywalled, but non-subscribers can still enjoy this photo of Andre Agassi) nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/a… 1 day ago
- Whenever I have to get down or put away a copy of Bill Manhire’s Collected Poems from the top shelf at work I alway… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @TheSpinoffTV: The Friday Poem: 'Alien' by @runawayfardowsa thespinoff.co.nz/books/07-06-20… 1 week ago
- I can't stop thinking about this lovely review. I am a bit obsessed with it. I wish all reviews were illustrated. I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago