Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- RT @PunkBiologist: IMPORTANT: These two passerines are new to me, and they are competing for the place of My Favourite Tiny Bird https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @joan_unweek: Many jealous people criticising me for popularising the “glass brain” beauty trend. Stop envying my completely smooth, alm… 4 days ago
- I left my phone in a cab last night and when I realised I felt so calm and happy and free! It was the beginning of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @VUPBooks: 'I like how a person changes when they’re in the presence of an animal, because there is nothing worse than being rejected by… 6 days ago
- double-checking the spelling of 'pinkie' and this list of horrible words came up https://t.co/iaLMXuFuYB 1 week ago