Each person should have two pockets. In each pocket, he or she should carry a slip of paper on which is written one of these two citations. As the occasion arises, one should extract and read the slip appropriate to the specific situation. If one becomes too haughty and proud, one should be aware that ‘I am dust and ashes’; and if one becomes too self-abusing and depressed, then one should extract the slip that reads ‘for my sake the world was created’.
- RT @VUPBooks: 'I like how a person changes when they’re in the presence of an animal, because there is nothing worse than being rejected by… 8 hours ago
- double-checking the spelling of 'pinkie' and this list of horrible words came up https://t.co/iaLMXuFuYB 1 day ago
- RT @i_zzzzzz: Whenever I read a paragraph like this I think about how I never want the New Yorker to write a profile on me https://t.co/ahm… 2 days ago
- A thing I wish I could shake is, when I am cleaning I imagine that I'm on one of those hidden cam shows that were b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- I wrote about writing a book (paywalled, but non-subscribers can still enjoy this photo of Andre Agassi) nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/a… 5 days ago