These men are walking slowly.
They have angled their heads so they are not
looking at one another. They are wearing plum-coloured
jerseys with fresh, oxygenated shirts
pointing out their collars.
Their pants are rolling tyres.
They are moving very slowly now.
Their shoes are lead-bearing ores.
The napes of their necks, little flags.
Now their heads are lowered, forcing the men
to stare at the leaf-blowered path.
A rumble is coming. It is the rumble of large
beginning to churn inside the men.
They are walking very slowly.
They are assembling a conversation.
We shall not pass them. There is no room.
One of us tries and is sucked into their propellers.
Should we call the police to make them walk faster?
‘Walk slower, walk slower,’ says the path they walk over.
‘A bit slower,’ say the windows
the men fill with plums and greys, as they go by.
The men are walking very slowly.
They are walking to the university.
- I often get subs for Spinthe off's Friday Poem where the person says 'I don't know if the Friday Poem is still even… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @sabo_borke: facebook is easily the most haunted social network https://t.co/Hwr0cxpBhi 1 day ago
- I swear the older Jerry gets the more dainty he becomes. https://t.co/jC5cMjKKCW 2 days ago
- Friend has been doing a science experiment each day with his kid. The other day they mashed up a banana in a jar an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @TheSpinoffTV: 'I am so so sick of hearing people, radio hosts, online writers, commentators, using the term “the elderly”. It reveals,… 2 days ago