I was reading the weekend newspaper when I came across a story about a prolific writer who had started a petition. Tens of thousands of people had already signed even though the petition had only started the day before. The petition was titled: ‘Petition to convince Ashleigh Young that she is not a peacock.’ The wording was something like: ‘We are sick and tired of Ashleigh Young pretending that she is a peacock. The fact is, she is not even a bird. She is a homo sapiens. We have evidence. She has been allowed to get away with this for too long.’ As I read the article, I felt a terrible, sickening feeling of guilt, and I knew that finally I had been found out, but I also felt a keen loss, somehow, knowing that I couldn’t behave like a peacock or any kind of bird anymore.
- RT @cox_tom: 'Housewife Finds Time To Write Short Stories' - the headline from the Vancouver Sun marking the arrival of the first book by A… 1 day ago
- RT @assscroft: 40th reminder. Launch is tomorrow the Tuesdayth of November, at 5.30pm, Hudson Bar upstairs. Someone asked me if it was $25… 2 days ago
- RT @figgled: the gender reveal shows your baby is........ ugly. just so ugly. christ alive. nothing can save it 2 days ago
- I have let heaps of people down lately because I keep running out of energy and falling behind on things. Then when… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @eamonnmarra: My short story debts was published in @kyd_magazine today. Check it out here killyourdarlings.com.au/article/debts/ 2 days ago